This is not your usual porridge recipe. The warm spices flavours and the mix of different types of fibre make this a super porridge to power your day!
- 60g Rolled Oats
- 10g Oat Bran
- 20g Hemp Seeds
- 10g Chia Seeds
- 450ml oat milk (or any milk)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- Honey to taste
- Pinch of Salt
- Put the oats, seeds, lemon zest, vanilla and cinnamon in a saucepan, pour in the milk and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs. Then gently pour a small amount of the porridge, mixing well to incorporate it well with the eggs. Gradually add more porridge to the egg mix. Don’t skip this step – this will ensure you don’t end up with scrambled eggs in your porridge.
- To serve, sprinkle some cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
- This porridge is equally delicious if made only with rolled oats.
- I like to prepare all the ingredients ahead – I combine all ingredients (except the eggs) in a jar and store it overnight.
- This porridge tastes great the next day, so it is perfect to batch cook during our busy weekdays.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: porridge, gluten-free, oats, healthy breakfast