A fuss-free delicious mackerel pate recipe, perfect if you are looking for a healthy quick meal.
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 15g parsley, finely cut
- 15g coriander, finely cut
- Half brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp mayonnaise (I like Hunter and Gather brand)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bread (I like Seedful brand)
- Fermented cabbage or pickles
- Bake the fish in the over at 180 C for 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the fish and bones – the odd bone is fine as the mixture will be blended. Add the fish to the blender.
- Add the mustard, black pepper, salt, turmeric, mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, blend to a paste and remove. Incorporate the herbs, diced onion and season to taste. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Serve on a slice of bread accompanied with a salad and sprinkled with some fermented cabbage.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main