A super crunchy and nutritious salad rich in zesty flavours.
F͟o͟r͟ t͟h͟e͟ s͟a͟l͟a͟d͟
- 1 red cabbage, finely sliced in the mandoline
- 1 apple, cubbed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- herbs to taste (I like parsley and coriander)
- salt and pepper to taste
F͟o͟r͟ t͟h͟e͟ O͟r͟a͟n͟g͟e͟ V͟i͟n͟a͟i͟g͟r͟e͟t͟t͟e͟ F͟e͟r͟m͟e͟n͟t͟e͟d͟ S͟a͟u͟c͟e͟
- 2 tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (cold-pressed preferably)
- 2 tbs fermented sauce (Eaten Alive lemon hot sauce)*
- 1 orange, juice and zest (zest is so rich in polyphenols but only use it if orange is unwaxed)
- 1 tbs honey
Simply prepare all salad ingredients and combine it well with the sauce. I like to let the salad soaking the sauce flavours for 10/15minutes before serving.
- Category: Side
Keywords: cabbage, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, salad