Store-bought crackers and snacks aren’t always ideal when it comes to staying healthy. These multi-seed kale crackers are the perfect addition to mezze, dips, nibbles, platters, and more, or as a simple, nutritious snack to eat on their own.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Kale 200g
- Spices to taste (optional)
- Bake the pumpkin seeds for 10-15 minutes at 140ºC. This step is optional, but I prefer the taste of the pumpkin seeds lightly toasted.
- Blend the kale and water in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
- Ground the flax seeds and buckwheat until it resembles coarse sand. Combine it with the remaining seeds.
- Stir together the kale mix with the seeds. The mixture will have a gooey/gel-like consistency. After you’ve stirred for a minute or so, you’ll notice the mixture start to thicken.
- Transfer the mixture over to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread into a thin layer.
- Cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until fully dehydrated, rotating the side halfway through.
- Once dried and cool, break into pieces.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 120
- Category: Baking
Keywords: gluten-free, super seed crackers