This is such a fresh and light dessert. Perfect for when you don’t fancy a heavy dessert but still want a sweet taste after your meal.
- 1 Ripe Pineapple
- 2 Limes (juice and zest)
- 30 ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbs Kaffir Limes (optional)
- Coconut Yoghurt to Serve
- Pinch of salt
- Start by preparing the syrup by combining the maple syrup, lime juice and zest, vanilla, kaffir limes and a sprinkle of salt. Bring it to a boil for two minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool completely.
- Top and tail the pineapple, then slice off the skin. Finely slice the pineapple into rounds. Keep the core for extra fibre.
- Pour the syrup over the pineapple and combine it well. Let the pineapple fully marinate in this syrup.
- Et voila. Serve with a spoon of coconut yoghurt and enjoy.
- Here’s a handy summary of how to pick and prepare the pineapple
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Pineapple dessert