Fluffy quinoa spiced quinoa bowl, with lamb and vegetables.
- 250g quinoa (rise before cooking)
- 180ml chicken broth (or water)
- 1 squash (or any type of pumpkin)
- 500g minced lamb
- 25g coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Moroccan spice blend (1 tsp mint, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp chilli, )
- 1 aubergine, cubbed
- 200g mushrooms
- 200g spinach (or chard)
- 4 tbs of dried barberries (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine the quinoa, the chicken broth in a medium pot and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes more. Then, remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, slice the squash, removing the skin and seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes at 180°C until fork tender.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes, salt it and reserve.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbs of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the spice mix and combine well with the oil for 1 minute. This spice-infused oil will create a fragrant dish.
- Then add the onion and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the grounded lamb and coriander. Combine well and leave it to cook, stirring occasionally. Season well.
- Take out the lamb and onion mix from the pan, leaving the fragrant cooking sauce. Remove any excess water (with a kitchen paper towel) from the aubergine and stir it on this sauce for 10-15minutes until well cooked. Add olive oil if needed.
- Remove the aubergine. Add the mushrooms until softened and reverse. Add the spinach, cooking until softened – remove any liquid excess.
- Stir fry the barberries in olive oil until they soften.
- Gently combine the quinoa with the onion, aubergine and spinach mix and lamb. Serve on top of roasted squash, sprinkle some barberries and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main
Keywords: gluten-free, lamb, quinoa