This meal is so comfy and super nutritious. I love this fluffy quinoa spiced quinoa bowl; it is the best quinoa recipe ever! I am not biased at all …
What’s Good About This Recipe?
- The warm spices (such as cinnamon, coriander, chilli, cumin) have amazing health benefits such as anti-inflammatory properties, immune-boosting antioxidants, support digestive and gut health, etc.
- This recipe is the perfect opportunity to sneak in some veggies – in total; each spoonful has a total of 5 different veggies! And they really complement each other. A daily variety of veggies brings more fibre and phytonutrients to our diets, protecting us from chronic diseases.
- Barberry has been shown in studies to provide a variety of health advantages, including anti-inflammatory properties. It can also be used as a medicinal plant to treat a wide range of ailments, including diabetes, liver illness, gallbladder discomfort, digestive, urinary tract, and gallstones.
- Quinoa is one of the sources of complex carbohydrates in this dish, essential to keep our energy levels steady, but this seed * has so many other health benefits:
- High fibre content.
- Good source of antioxidants
- Complete protein source.
- Loaded with nutrients, such as folate, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
You are not a fan of quinoa? If you wonder how to cook quinoa to perfection, make sure to follow the steps in this recipe. You will love it. I prefer to soak the quinoa overnight and rinse it well – this simple process will help get rid of the bitter-tasting compound (saponin) that coats the tiny seeds.
*Yes, although quinoa is considered a whole grain, it’s technically a seedPrint